Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yellowstone

For Labor Day weekend Amy and I went to Yellowstone. I have wanted to visit Yellowstone ever since I moved to Utah, so I was excited to go. We were able to see some wildlife and some awesome landscapes. Here are some photos from our trip.

1
Photobucket

2
Photobucket

3
Photobucket

4
Photobucket
Old Faithful

5
Photobucket

6
Photobucket
Having one of these guys walk past the car is a true experience.  They weigh about the same as the car and stagger by.  I was afraid that he would ram our car at any moment.  He reminded me of a bully walking through a hallway just ready to pounce on the first person that makes the wrong move.  Intense.

7
Photobucket
We were fortunate to see this awesome sunset through the trees.

8
Photobucket
We drove past this coyote and put the car in reserve and watched him for a while.  

9
Photobucket

10
Photobucket

11
Photobucket
We got in the habit of pulling off at all the random rodes.  We followed a sign to see petrified trees and ended up seeing Moose.  There were three of them and it was amazing to get close enough to snag this picture.

12
Photobucket
This little deer was shy and hid from us.

13
Photobucket

14
Photobucket

15
Photobucket

16
Photobucket

17
Photobucket

18
Photobucket
The landscapes in the park were truly breath taking!

19
Photobucket

20
Photobucket

21
Photobucket

22
Photobucket

Let me know what you think.

8 comments:

The Bradford said...

hey man these are all great! im taking a history of yellowstone class and these are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ken. Some of your best ever. I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing. -DoLee

Anonymous said...

Ken, Now aren't you glad I taught you everything you know? Just kidding. What a great set of photos. Can't believe you saw all that wildlife on one trip. Beautiful lighting, angles, and you composition is absolutely wonderful. Bill Wagnon

Tim & Carolee said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Matt 'n Amy said...

Wow, Ken! I have to agree...some of your nicest work. These are so beautiful. 3,5,10,16,19,21,22 are my favorites. You guys must have had so much fun! It would be so fun to see all the places you do.

Anonymous said...

I love Yellowstone, it has been many years... I love buffalo! My faves are 6,7,9,11,12,20,&22. Love them all - Julie

Deanna Quinton Larson said...

these are terrific!! love them. shoot me an email about Istock. deanna@wildroseimages.net

Mark said...

Ken, These are awesome! Thanks for sharing.